- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Monin Wildberry Purée
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon powdered gelatin, unflavored
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2/3 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (half of
- 17.3-ounce package)
- 3 1/2 pint containers fresh berries
- (mixed varieties)
- fresh mint sprigs (garnish)
Glass Size: 16
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese, Monin Wildberry Purée, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until fluffy. Set aside.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of gelatin over 2 tablespoons of cold water. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes, allowing gelatin to absorb the water.
- Microwave the gelatin mixture for 5 to 10 seconds on full power. Allow the mixture to cool slightly to room temperature, remaining in liquid form (avoid allowing mixture to become cold/firm).
- In a separate medium bowl, beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer until it is barely stiff.
- Add the cooled gelatin to the cream in a steady stream, while continuously mixing.
- Whip until soft peaks are formed.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture in 3 additions; cover mousse and refrigerate.
- Roll out pastry sheet on lightly floured surface to approximately a 14x10 1/2-inch rectangle.
- Cut sheet into twelve 3 1/2-inch squares.
- Pierce squares all over with fork. Sift 1/4 cup powdered sugar over squares.
- Place squares on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Using metal spatula, flatten squares and continue baking until crisp and brown, about 5 minutes longer.
- Cool pastry squares on sheet. Place 6 pastry squares on work surface. Spread each with 1/4 cup prepared mousse.
- Top with 6 to 8 berries.
- Cover with remaining pastry squares. Dust napoleons with remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Top each with berry and mint sprig if desired.