Vanilla Spice French Toast
- 1 cup half & half
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Monin Vanilla Spice Syrup
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 to 8 one-inch thick slices bread
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, Vanilla Spice syrup and salt. You may do this the night before.
- When ready to cook pour custard mixture into a pie pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dip bread into mixture, allow to soak for 30 seconds on each side, and then remove to a sheet pan, and allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10 inch nonstick sauté pan.
- Place 2 slices of bread at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and place on rack in oven for 5 minutes.
- Repeat with all 8 slices.
- Serve immediately.