Syrup Production Operator – Reno, NV
Monin Gourmet Flavorings has been continuously named a Top Workplace. Through our companies Mission and Values, we exceed customer satisfaction while staying committed and never compromising the quality of our product. Along with being responsible and accountable to others we acknowledge and are dedicated to social and environmental responsibility. Here at Monin we take great pride in our history but are always working towards new innovated ideas!
Apply here by submitting your resume
Position Summary: The position reports to the Production Supervisor. The Syrup Production Operator works to produce syrups, purees and concentrated flavors in accordance with Monin quality standards, GMPs, Safe Quality Food requirements and USDA guidelines for safe production of food products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Set-up and operate syrup production equipment
- Operate scanners and complete ingredient cycle counts
- Weigh and stage ingredients for scheduled syrup batches
- Receive and unload liquid and dry sugar deliveries and operate the sugar hydration system
- Complete required documentation and scheduled quality checks
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas and complete cleaning checklists
- Ensure paperwork is filled out clearly and accurately in accordance with SQF requirements
- Ensure that all work instructions and job aids are followed
- Use continuous improvement mindset to improve processes
- Ability to troubleshoot process nonconformities, identify root causes and take corrective action.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management
- Operate Factory Talk batch and equipment batching software
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Must be able and willing to learn clean-in-place (CIP) controls, Factory Talk Batch and Navision
- Must be able to stand, walk, push, pull, reach or stoop for virtually the entire shift
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally including overhead and have the ability to lift more than 50 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment with some exposure to cleaning chemicals
- Comfortable working with volatile and dust producing food ingredients
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively individually and as part of a team
- Must follow safety standards to ensure a safe working environment for self and coworkers
- Forklift and hand lift certification are preferred.
- Commitment to company mission/values, compliance with standards, product quality and complete customer satisfaction
- This position is compensated at an hourly rate and overtime hours may be required.
- A full suite of benefits is provided including health, dental and vision insurance; 401k with Company match; and paid time off.
Monin is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Monin is a Drug Free Workplace and does pre-employment drug screening.
Founded in 1912 in Bourges, France and family-owned and operated for three generations, Monin is the premier provider of flavoring products for creating specialty beverage and flavorful culinary solutions. With manufacturing facilities on three continents and product availability in more than 160 countries, Monin is recognized as the leading global flavor solution provider. For more information, visit www.monin.com
Apply here by submitting your resume
Hope you’re thirsty!