Sweet & Spicy Pickles
- 4 English cucumbers, cut in slices
- 2 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons, dried dill weed
- 1/2 cup Monin Cucumber Syrup
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill seed
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco brand hot sauce, or to taste
- 4 sprigs fresh dill weed
Glass Size: 16
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, water, vinegar, chopped dill, Monin Cucumber Syrup, garlic, salt, pickling spice, dill seed, and Tabasco sauce. Stir, and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours, until the salt dissolves.
- Place the cucumbers to three 1 1/2 pint wide mouth jars. Ladle in the liquid from the bowl to cover. Place a sprig of fresh dill into each jar, and seal with lids. Refrigerate for 5 - 10 days before eating. Use within 1 month.