Strawberry Balsamic English Trifle
Garnish: cinnamon powder
Glass Size: 16
- In a small bowl, gently toss the strawberries with the Monin Strawberry Purée and vinegar and let stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes. After the strawberries have marinated, check for sweetness, adding vinegar if desired.
- Using a serrated knife, slice pound cake lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices. You will need 16 slices. Then, using a 2-inch cookie cutter, cut out circles from each cake slice.
- WHIPPED CREAM
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, whisk the cream to soft peaks. Add the vanilla and confectioners' sugar. Whip until stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Using 8 high ball glasses (or similar clear serving containers, approximately 2 inches in diameter), place 1 cake circle in the bottom of each. Brush cakes with Monin Amaretto Syrup. Add 2 tablespoons of marinated strawberries and spread evenly. Using a different tablespoon, add a large dollop of whipped cream and spread evenly. Add a second layer of cake, pressing down lightly. Brush with Monin Amaretto Syrup. Add 2 tablespoons of marinated strawberries and spread evenly.
- Cover trifles with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- To serve, remove and discard plastic wrap. Top with a large dollop of whipped cream and garnish with fresh mint.