Smokey Bacon Sandwich Spread
- 6 slices of bacon or more if desired
- 1 cup Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 cups cream cheese
- 12 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup Monin Hickory Smoke Syrup
- salt & pepper
Garnish: cinnamon powder
Glass Size: 16
- In a large pan, cook the bacon, allow to cool slightly and cut into quarters. Set aside.
- Drain all but one tablespoon of the bacon fat from the pan.
- Return the pan to medium heat and sauté the Spanish onions about 3 minutes. Add chopped garlic to pan and continue to sauté for about 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, bacon pieces, Monin Hickory Smoke Syrup and onion mixture into a food processor and pulse until just combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper and continue to pulse until desired consistency is reached. Refrigerate until needed.
- Serve as a topping for hamburgers or grilled sandwiches.
- Great in BLT’s, panninis or wraps or served as a dip with chips or bread.