Roasted Squash Salad
- ROASTED SQUASH
- 1 small pumpkin or 1 squash (any variety)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup Monin Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 5 to 6 slices roasted squash (see recipe)
- 2 ounces Spiced Pumpkin Dressing (see recipe)
- 1 1/4 cups butter lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup arugula (packed)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup ricotta salata cheese, shaved
Garnish: pomegranate seeds
- ROASTED SQUASH
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Split the squash, scrape out seeds with a spoon
- and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices. Transfer to a baking sheet, sprinkle with
- salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake until tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a platter or refrigerate
- until ready to use.
- SPICED PUMPKIN DRESSING
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate. Use to dress salad
- YIELD: Approximately 1 1/4 cups
- ROASTED SQUASH SALAD
- In a large skillet, toast the pistachios over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant,
- approximately 5 minutes. Sprinkle with brown sugar; stir to coat. Transfer to a piece of
- parchment paper and let cool.
- Warm the roasted squash slices in the oven until just hot. Place two or three slices on the
- serving plate.
- In a large bowl, toss the greens with 2 ounces of prepared Spiced Pumpkin Dressing, adding
- more dressing as desired. Add half of the pomegranate seeds and half of the cheese; toss.
- Place half the salad mix atop the pumpkin slices on the plate. Arrange the remaining pumpkin
- slices on top of the salad and top with the remaining salad mix.
- Sprinkle with the remaining pomegranate seeds, cheese and the candied pistachios.
- Serve immediately.