Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese & Nuts
- 3 medium beets, washed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Monin Roasted Hazelnut Syrup
- 1 tablespoon slivered red onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, pecans or roasted hazelnuts
- Yield: 1 serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap the beets in foil packets and roast in the oven until tender, about 1 hour. Open the foil packets and let cool. Once cool enough to handle, peel using a paper towel, then dice into desired sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, add the mayonnaise, vinegar, Monin® Roasted Hazelnut Syrup, red onions and Dijon and whisk together. Add the beets and spinach to the dressing and toss to coat. Top with the goat cheese and choice of nuts.