Puréed Pea Soup with Truffle Oil
- 2 pound bag of good quality frozen peas
- 1/4 cup Monin Agave Organic Nectar (approximate)
- salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups vegetable stock
- white truffle oil
- Parmesan Crisps (recipe follows)
Glass Size: 16
- Place frozen peas in colander and run cool water over them just until they are no longer frozen (avoid allowing peas to become soft/mushy).
- Drain thoroughly and transfer peas to a food processor, process until smooth.
- Add Monin Agave Organic Nectar and salt to the purée and process to combine.
- Add 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock and process briefly.
- Check consistency; if a thinner texture is desired, add additional stock and process again until combined.
- Force the pea purée through a sieve into a medium sauce pan to remove solids.
- Add and adjust salt to taste.
- Warm; gently over low heat until just hot (do not allow to boil).
- Ladle soup into serving vessels and drizzle a bit of white truffle oil onto the top of each serving.
- Garnish with a Parmesan Crisp on the side.