Peach BBQ Baked Beans
- 4 1-inch strips of bacon
- 1 seeded and chopped red bell pepper
- 1 peeled and chopped large yellow onion
- 3 28 oz. cans of baked beans
- 1 cup Monin Peach Purée
- 1/4 cup hickory smoke BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon favorite BBQ Rub
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon pieces
- and cook, stirring, until somewhat crispy and its fat has
- rendered. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a
- paper towel-lined plate to drain, leaving the fat in the skillet.
- Add the pepper and onion to the skillet and cook, stirring, until
- softened, about 6 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large
- baking pan.
- Add the bacon, beans, Monin Peach Purée, barbecue
- sauce, and rub to the pan. Mix to combine and bake,
- uncovered, until hot and bubbly, about 1 hour.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed. To re-heat, use
- slow cooker on low setting for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring