Pan Roasted Chicken with Spiced Rum & Mango Butter
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened (room temperature, not melted)
- 1 tablespoon Mango Fruit Purée
- 2 teaspoons spiced rum
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cups Jasmine rice (freshly prepared, hot)
- 1 fluid ounce Coconut Syrup
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Glass Size: 16
- PAN-ROASTED CHICKEN with SPICED RUM & MANGO BUTTER
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Season the chicken breasts thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil.
- Sear the chicken breasts two at a time, skin side down, until browned and crisp (about 6 minutes).
- When all four breasts have been seared, arrange them all in the pan, skin side up, and transfer to the oven.
- Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a breast, away from the bone, registers 160ºF (about 20 to 25 minutes).
- While the chicken is roasting, in a small bowl food processor, mix together the butter, Monin® Mango Fruit Purée, spiced rum, garam masala, ginger, and pinch of salt until well combined.
- Set the compound butter aside.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and cover loosely with aluminum foil; allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Top each breast with 1 tablespoon of the compound butter and serve immediately.
- COCONUT RICE
- Prepare rice per package instructions. When rice is done, stir in Monin® Coconut Syrup, almonds, butter and cayenne pepper. Serve immediately.
- Yield: Approximately 4 1/2 cups