Maple Fried Chicken
- 8 Chicken drumsticks (or other chicken parts, such as thighs/wings etc.)
- 4 Cups Buttermilk
- 2 Cups Monin Maple Spice Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- All-purpose flour
Glass Size: 16
- Combine the buttermilk, syrup, salt and spices and mix well.
- Put the chicken into a zip-top freezer bag and pour the buttermilk mixture over, getting out as much air as possible in the process. Leave to marinate for at least an hour, preferably overnight.
- Set a deep fryer to 325°, and an oven to 350°.
- Drain the chicken of the buttermilk mixture and toss into a bowl of flour to coat, shake off excess and drop each piece into the deep fryer for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the fryer and place onto a sheet tray fitted with a cooling rack and insert into the oven to finish cooking for 10 minutes or until the internal temperature has reached 165°.