Maintenance Mechanic/Technician (1st Shift)
Monin Gourmet Flavorings has been continuously named a Top Workplace. Through our companies Mission and Values, we exceed customer satisfaction while staying committed and never compromising the quality of our product. Along with being responsible and accountable to others we acknowledge and are dedicated to social and environmental responsibility. Here at Monin we take great pride in our history but are always working towards new innovated ideas!
Apply here by submitting your resume
Position Summary: Performs preventive maintenance, troubleshoots mechanical and electrical issues and repairs production and facilities equipment to ensure overall equipment reliability, plant capacity and cost control. This position utilizes PLC programming and instrumentation control design and troubleshooting. Position reports to a Plant Operations Manager. The position requires working independently and with other plant personnel. At times, the Maintenance Mechanic/Technician works with and/or supervises outside contractors.
- Perform preventative maintenance and on-demand repairs to maintain the production schedule and satisfy regulatory compliance
- Respond with urgency to unplanned mechanical issues effecting performance or safety
- Complete safety work orders as assigned
- Identify and work with purchasing to order parts. Effectively and consistently communicate the status of parts orders to managers, supervisors and machine operators
- Develop and maintain spare parts inventory
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair production and facility equipment to ensure equipment reliability, optimum performance and safety
- Apply experience and skills when troubleshooting PLCs, automation and controls
- Safely and correctly use shop tools such as, but not limited to, hand tools, drill, grinder and welder
- Safely operate forklift and scissor lift
- Perform inspections and scheduled maintenance of plant machinery and equipment (e.g., pumps, valves, waste water systems, water treatment systems and motors)
- Assist in the construction and installation of new equipment
- Uphold plant safety, health and environmental programs
- Train operators on job aids, work instructions and total productive maintenance procedures
- Build strong working relationships with machine operators and other production employees
- Upholds and inspires adoption of company mission and values.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Position requires standing continuously throughout the shift
- Ability to stand, reach, walk, stoop, push, pull and lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Possess Monin supplied Forklift Certification
- Must be able to read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders
- Strong knowledge of pumps, valves, gears, bearings, lubricants, as well as electromechanical devices and systems, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as Maintenance Mechanic in a production environment (bottling preferred)
- Associates or technical degree in electrical and mechanical preferred
- Must be proficient in working with computer programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Dynamics Navision, MS Rockwell software with Control Logix 5000
- Experience with Allen Bradley controls, Factory Talk View SCADA and liquid filling systems preferred
- Willingness to follow OSHA safety standards to ensure a safe working environment for self and coworkers
- This position is compensated at an hourly rate and occasional overtime hours may be required.
- A full suite of benefits is provided including health, dental and vision insurance; 401k with Company match; and paid time off.
Monin is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Monin is a Drug Free Workplace and does pre-employment drug screening.
Founded in 1912 in Bourges, France and family-owned and operated for three generations, Monin is the premier provider of flavoring products for creating specialty beverage and flavorful culinary solutions. With manufacturing facilities on three continents and product availability in more than 160 countries, Monin is recognized as the leading global flavor solution provider. For more information, visit www.monin.com
Apply here by submitting your resume
Hope you’re thirsty!