Monin Roasted Hazelnut Pancakes with Dark Chocolate Sauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, stirred or sifted before measuring
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons Monin Roasted Hazelnut Syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- FOR TOPPING
- Monin Dark Chocolate Sauce
- Toasted Hazelnuts optional (see recipe)
Garnish: Monin Dark Chocolate Sauce, whipped cream
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, Monin Roasted Hazelnut and 1 ¼ cups of milk; add to flour mixture, stirring only until smooth. Blend in melted butter. If the batter seems too thick to pour, add a little more milk. Cook on a hot, greased griddle, using about 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbly, a little dry around the edges, and lightlybrowned on the bottom; turn and brown the other side.
- Serve topped with Monin Dark Chocolate Sauce and roasted hazelnuts (if desired).
- Toasted Hazelnuts
- Shelled Hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Place desired amount of nuts in a heavy duty ziplock bag, press the air out of the seal. Place the bag of hazelnuts on a cutting board and, using a solid, flat-bottomed object, such as a heavy sauce pan or a cast iron skillet, crack the nuts to large pieces. Spread the hazelnuts on a cookie sheet and toast for about 7 minutes, until golden. Let cool.