Crème Brulée Oatmeal
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cups steel cut oats
- 1/4 cup Monin Cinnamon Bun Syrup
- 1 cup vanilla pudding
- 2 each banana, ripe and sliced in half-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Garnish: Fruit, Nuts
- Bring milk and salt to a boil over medium heat, add steel-cut oats. Reduce heat to low and cook 20 minutes or until just creamy, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon bun syrup. Divide oatmeal equally among for oven proof bowls. Place oven rack near top and turn broiler on.
- Evenly distribute vanilla pudding over top oatmeal and top with sliced bananas. Evenly sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over top. Place under broiler until it begins to bubble and caramelize.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with dried fruit or chopped nuts if desired.