Cranberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tablespoons Monin Habanero Lime Syrup (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 ounces each) packages cream cheese, light or regular, softened
- Yield: 12 servings
- Garnish: Cilantro
- Pulse the cranberries in a food processor or blender until coarsely chopped. Add the green onions, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, cumin and 2 tablespoons of the Monin Habanero-Lime Gourmet Flavoring and salt and pulse until the ingredients are well combined and finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a covered bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or up to overnight) so the flavors have time to develop.
- Just prior to serving, use an electric mixer, blender, food processor or hand whisk to beat cream cheese and remaining 1/3 cup of Monin Habanero-Lime Gourmet Flavoring until fluffy.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in an even layer on a serving plate or in a 9-inch pie dish. Top with the cranberry-jalapeno mixture, spreading evenly over the top of the cream cheese.
- Serve with crostini, assorted crackers, tortilla or vegetable chips