Crab Rellenos and Chipotle Pineapple Crema
5 Anaheim or 4 poblano chili peppers
4 ounce crab meat
2 ounce Monterey Jack Cheese
1 tablespoon shallot, minced
1 tablespoon Monin Habanero Lime Syrup
1 tablespoon Crema Mexicana
1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
All Purpose flour as needed
Egg wash as needed
Panko bread crumbs as needed
1 recipe Chipotle Pineapple crema (see recipe)
Chipotle Pineapple Crema
1 cup Crema Mexicana
2 tablespoons Monin Chipotle Pineapple Syrup
- Yield: 4-5 chili peppers
- Crab Rellenos
- Over an open flame char peppers and place in covered bowl for 10 minutes, peel skins.
- In a small mixing bowl add remaining ingredients and gently fold together.
- Make a small slit in the side of each pepper and remove seeds.
- Divide filling evenly among peppers and close with toothpicks.
- Dip each rellenos in flour, then egg wash followed by panko bread crumbs.
- Heat oil to 350°F, fry rellenos until golden brown.
- Serve with Chipotle Pineapple crema.
- Chipotle Pineapple Crema
- In a mixing bowl stir together crema and Monin Chipotle Pineapple Syrup.
- Hold chilled for service.