Monin Chocolate Espresso Pots De Creme
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 oz. True Brewed Espresso
- 3 oz. Monin Dark Chocolate Sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 pure cane sugar
- Yield: 1 Glass
- Garnish: Cinnamon Powder, Cocoa Powder, Espresso Beans, Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Place rack in the center.
- Bring the cream and milk to a boil.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolks and sugar together until well-mixed and smooth in texture. Slowly add the hot cream mixture, whisking constantly.
- Add the Monin Dark Chocolate Sauce, the Monin True Brewed Espresso and the pure vanilla extract. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Strain the mixture into a measuring cup or pitcher.
- Place 10 demitasse (espresso) cups in a roasting pan. Carefully pour the custard mixture into the cups, dividing evenly. Place the roasting pan on the center rack of the oven. Pour enough (very) hot tap water to reach about halfway up the sides of the cups.
- Bake until the custards are set but still slightly wobbly in the center, about 25 – 30 minutes. Carefully remove the custards from the water bath and cool to room temperature on a wire rack (about 60 minutes). Cover and chill the custards in the refrigerator.
- Serve top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder, cinnamon or espresso beans.