Food Safety Compliance Coordinator
The Food Safety Compliance Coordinator position reports to the VP of Quality Assurance & Sourced Products. The Food Safety Compliance Coordinator must be familiar with current federal and local food safety regulations. Responsibilities will include: Ensuring that personnel practices, process controls, sanitation and other programs that support food safety are followed. Effectively communicating with co-workers, working in both a team environment and independently as needed, and actively working to encourage a culture of food safety and quality amongst co-workers.
- Supporting continuous improvements through monthly rattle snake hunts and applying lean manufacturing
- Monitoring environmental program and sanitary conditions of the facility
- Main contact for the facility identify preserved foods 3rd party inspections
- Performing GMP and food safety training for temporary employees, contractors and service providers, as well as serving as an escort
- Overseeing and leading non-conforming reporting and seeing that corrective actions are completed
- Coordinating with 3rd party agency for lab equipment calibration
- Assisting production and warehouse with development and recording of job aids, work instruction and log sheets
- Overseeing new packaging and product development processes from start to finish and providing reports to management
- Maintaining inventory of lab supplies and ensuring it is properly supplied
- Verifying SOP and production food safety start up records
- Notifying area supervisor or management of potential food safety issues
- Coordinating and overseeing monthly incoming water monitoring program
- Communicating with housekeeping services on office cleaning needs
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Following applicable laboratory GMPs, SOPs, and SQF policies
- Serving as back up trainer for Director of Quality
- Back up for Quality Control Technician during vacations
- Bachelor’s degree required, relevant field to food safety
- Working knowledge of GFSI, HACCP and FSMA standards
- Knowledge of food microbiology, food safety, and food defense required
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S or Kaizen preferred
- Strong aptitude for data analysis and reporting
- Strong mathematical skills, reading comprehension and proficiency in required computer systems (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, Data Base Systems)
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and respond positively to changes in daily duties and workload
- Can work independently with limited supervision and as part of a team
- This position is compensated at an hourly rate, weekend work and occasional overtime hours may be required.
- A full suite of benefits is provided including health, dental and vision insurance; 401k with Company match; and paid time off.
Monin is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Monin is a Florida Drug Free Workplace and does pre-employment drug screening.
Founded in 1912 in Bourges, France and family-owned and operated for three generations, Monin is the premier provider of flavoring products for creating specialty beverage and flavorful culinary solutions. With manufacturing facilities on three continents and product availability in more than 145 countries, Monin is recognized as the leading global flavor solution provider. For more information, visit www.monin.com
Hope you’re thirsty!