Monin Caramel Praline French Toast
- 1 cup whole milk or half-and-half
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Monin Praline Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 to 8 (1/2-inch) slices brioche, challah bread or Texas toast
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Candied Pecans
- Monin Caramel Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Yield: 6-8 slices
- Garnish: Monin Caramel Sauce, Pecan
- In medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, Monin Praline Syrup, and salt. You may do this the night before. When ready to cook, pour custard mixture into a pie pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Dip bread into mixture, allow to soak for 30 seconds on each side, and then remove to a sheet pan, and allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch nonstick sauté pan. Place 2 slices of bread at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and place on rack in oven for 5 minutes. Repeat with all 8 slices. Serve immediately with Monin Caramel Sauce and candied pecans
- Candied Pecans
- Put pecans and oil in a flat baking pan; stir until pecans are coated. Roast in 300° oven 20 to 25 minutes, stirring frequently. Cool.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, salt, and water in a saucepan; cook, stirring, over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Boil until sugar turns medium amber in color (236°F on a candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat; blend in vanilla. Add pecans and stir until mixture is creamy. Turn out onto waxed paper and use a fork to separate pecans.