- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shallots thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- zest from 1 orange
- 4 cups blueberries, washed and drained (or thawed and drained if frozen)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup Monin Wildberry Purée
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large, nonstick sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat and cook shallots and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add orange zest, blueberries, vinegar, Monin Wildberry Purée, tarragon, red pepper, cardamom, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened -- about 50 minutes.
- Pour chutney into a pint jar. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Use to top poultry, pork or fish. Try in sandwiches, wraps and salads.