Basil Carrot Top Pesto
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1½ cups coarsely chopped carrot tops
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 – 4 pumps (12 – 15 mL) Monin Basil Concentrated Flavor
- Parmesan cheese
- Yield: Approximately 1 1/2 Cups
- Garnish: Basil Sprig
- Wash the carrot tops well and dry.
- Pulse the pine nuts and the garlic in a food processor with pinches of salt and pepper, scraping down the sides of bowl as needed.
- Add the carrot tops and pulse again.
- Add the lemon juice and Monin Basil Concentrated Flavor and pulse again. With the blade is running, drizzle in the olive oil until the pesto blends smoothly.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, add a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese. If too grassy for your taste, add extra Parmesan cheese.