Although comforting and familiar foods and beverages continue to have broad appeal, consumers are looking for ways to step outside of their comfort zone. Operators that can strike a balance with menu items that are approachable yet exciting, comforting but with an intriguing kick and/ or familiar with an exotic twist, will help guests break away from the boredom of ‘ordinary’ that set in during and post-pandemic.
DELIVERING SAFE ADVENTURE
- Beverages that pair the mysterious and exotic with a popular and common flavor, such as a Ghost Pepper Margarita or a Yuzu & Honey Arnold Palmer.
- Two very different applications being blended together for one unique mashup, such as a tea latte, a cold brew old fashioned, Bahn Mi pizza or chicken pot pie soup.
CONSUMER INTEREST IN BEVERAGE MASHUPS
- 2 out of 3 cocktail consumers are interested in trying tea cocktails*
- 42% are interested in trying kombucha cocktails*
- 58% of consumers claim to be bored with comfort food, and 79% of consumers are craving something new**
FAMILIAR, WITH AN EXCITING TWIST
*Datassential Menu Trends
**Robertet Consumer Insights