Pumpkin Bacon Mac 'n Cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup Spiced Pumpkin Purée
- 2 pounds macaroni pasta, cooked
- Panko breadcrumbs (if desired)
- extra cheese for topping (if desired)
Garnish: No Garnish Needed
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- In a medium sauté pan, combine the cream and butter over medium heat until reduced by 1/4 and thickened slightly.
- Stir in the sour cream and bring the mixture back up to temp, then add the cheeses a handful at a time until completely melted and smooth in texture.
- Once smooth, remove the sauce from the heat and add the bacon and pumpkin puree and combine.
- Toss the noodles into the sauce and stir to coat completely.
- Put the mixture into a baking dish and top with desired amount of cheese and panko bread crumbs.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 10 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Remove and serve immediately.