(Effective Date - 10/08/2018)
How We Collect Information
We collect information in connection with your use of the Services. This includes information:
• You provide when you interact with the Services
• From devices you use to connect to our Services
• From third parties (e.g., service providers and partners)
• From social media platforms and using cookies and automatic collection methods
• Information we collect by using cookies and automated means (e.g., search terms, device information, browser type, details about your interaction with our website or app)
What Information We Collect
We collect a variety of types of information, all listed below:
- Contact information and demographic information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, age or birthdate, gender;
- Billing and shipping information, such as credit card details, billing address, and proof of identification;
- Profile and account information, which may include contact, purchase, and Preference information as well as your account password, items in your online shopping cart or saved for future purchase, product review information, and other information about your profile or account;
- Preference information, such as your contact and marketing preferences, and flavor and product category interests;
- User submitted content, such as photographs, comments, or other content you submit;
- Content you make available through social media accounts (e.g., when you sign in using social media plug-ins);
- Location information of your device that you use when accessing our site, if your device settings allow us to collect location information;
- Details about devices used to access our websites, such as IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information; and
- Information about the use of our websites, mobile apps, social media presence, and Internet-enabled services and platforms.
How We Use Information
We use the information that we collect to conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible products, services, and experiences. We also may combine any or all of the information that we collect or obtain. We use the information we collect to:
- To provide you with products and services, such as to: fulfill your orders and process your payments; process, maintain and service your account(s) to provide you with products and services that we think you will like;
- To respond to you, such as when you: place an order; call us; make a request or inquiry; enter a contest or sweepstakes; complete a survey; or share a comment or concern;
- For personalization of your experiences with us, including to: remember your interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with you; track and categorize your activity and interests on our website and mobile application, including by identifying the different devices you use; and to enrich your experience on our website;
- For marketing and advertising, such as to: send you marketing and advertising communications; and to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you;
- For analytics, such as to: understand how you use our website; understand how you shop with us; determine the methods and devices used to access our website; and improve our website;
- For our business purposes, such as: to operate and improve upon our business, to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; for research; to determine your satisfaction with our products and services; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law;
For legal and safety purposes, such as to: defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm, fraud or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues. From time to time, we may use or augment the personal data we have about you with information obtained from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and other third parties. For example, we may use such third-party information to confirm contact or financial information or to better understand your interests by associating demographic information with the information you have provided.
We may also aggregate any personal information that we collect in connection with our Services, such that the information is no longer personally identifiable or attributable to you. We may use such aggregated information for our own legitimate business purposes without restriction.
Why We Process Your Information
We have lawful bases to collect, use and share your information. You have choices about our use of your data.
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g., to deliver the Services or products you have requested)) and “legitimate interests.” Our legitimate interest include:
- Operate our business and provide our Services
- Understand and improve our Services
- Protect you, us, or others from threats (such as fraud)
- Comply with laws that apply to us
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Share Information
We may share personal information with third parties. For example, we share personal information with:
- Third parties and service providers that provide products or services to us, that help us market or advertise to you (including co-branded marketing and advertising), or that provide products or services to you. We may use third parties or service providers to perform any of the actions or activities allowed under this Policy;
- Social media platforms and networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram that offer functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools in connection with our website (e.g., to log into an account, or to share inspiration, finds, purchases, and other content with your friends and followers on social media). If you choose to use these functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools, certain information may be shared with or collected by those social media companies;
- Additional third parties such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for the legal and safety purposes described above, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third parties. We also may share personal information with third parties upon your request or with your approval, though we may not be able to accommodate all requests;
- Other third parties with your consent and at your direction.
Please note when you provide a product review or other user content, that content will be publicly posted. Other users may be able to see your name or other information about you that you post.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information.
Your Rights And Choices
You may have certain rights in connection with your personal information, including the right to request access to your personal information or correct mistakes in our records. We will respond to your request in writing, or orally if requested, as soon as practicable. We may request proof of identification to verify your request. For more details in relation to your rights, including how to exercise them, please contact us at email@example.com.
Cookies and Online Advertising
We, our service providers, and our business partners may also collect certain information about the use of our Services by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies and across third-party websites.
We work with third party companies for advertising purposes, including to: serve advertisements across the Internet; track and categorize your activity and interests over time on our website, and on third party websites; and to identify the different device(s) you use to access websites. We share information with these companies, and these companies may collect information—including automatically collected information when you use our website or mobile application—through the methods described in the “How We Collect Information” section above (see “using cookies and automatic collection methods”). These third-party companies also may possess or obtain information about you from your interactions: directly with the third party companies; with other websites, mobile applications, or companies that the third party companies work with; or from your interactions with advertisements the third party companies help to display to you. The information that these companies collect or that we share may be used to customize or personalize the advertisements that are displayed to you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these ad networks and other parties.
Web browsers may offer users of our Site the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our Site may not function correctly. Some of our business partners that collect information about your activities on our Site may be members of organizations or programs that provide you with choices regarding the use of your browsing behavior for purposes of targeted advertising. For example, you may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here.
Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based do-not-track (“DNT”) mechanisms, we do not respond to web browser-based DNT signals at this time.
Links to Other Websites and Third Party Content
How We Protect Your Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information we maintain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
In order to protect your orders and access your account information we encrypt your connection to our server using SSL. The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software encrypts all the information you provide before it is sent to us.
Despite such efforts, however, please note that no organization can fully eliminate risks or guarantee the security of personal information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of information about you at any time, and we bear no liability for uses or disclosures of personal information or other data arising in connection with theft of the information or other malicious actions.
Content Submitted by You
Some features of the Services allow you to post content on our websites or mobile apps, or social media pages, such as product reviews. Content that you provide may be shared publicly or with other users or third parties. Registered users of our Services can log in and see their submission history here.
We retain personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the information was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. When we no longer need the personal information we collect, we either anonymize the information or securely destroy the information.
California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer data which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like information identifying the categories of personal information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and the contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties, please submit a written request to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.